Personal Tax Practice: Issues & Strategies - Live Webinar
3.5 CPD hours
The morning session had a close look at tax matters and applied them to actual tax return examples. In this session, we shift the focus to the operational challenges faced by practitioners as well as the business and administrative side of running a tax practice that is often overlooked in tax courses. We will help you build strategies and approaches to apply to your practice to save time, headaches and build solid relationships with clients.
- Current CRA projects and assessment policies in the areas of real estate, rental income, business income and other areas.
- A look at CRA’s administrative policies and appeals process as they related to the area personal income tax and the effect they have on running a smooth and profitable tax practice.
- Researching and understanding court cases that can be used as tools and negotiating resources with CRA when they do reviews of clients. Also looked at are strategies on building an arsenal of cases to help fight against common CRA tax challenges to get the best results for your clients.
- Running an efficient tax practice including strategies, practice policies and various methodologies used by experienced and seasoned practitioners to help you survive tax season.
- A look at recent practitioner workshops and related poll results dealing with various tax filing positions and practice approaches. Use this knowledge to help guide you in your practice and determine the areas to focus your attention and resources.
- Different methodologies and considerations on pricing your T1.
This course is ideal for those who are looking to start their own practice or get perhaps supplement their income with tax preparation services. As many practitioners will tell you, preparing the T1 return is only one element of running a successful T1 practice.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
Please note: For best audio quality, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
About the Instructor(s)
Ian has been in involved in accounting & public practice for over 20 years, where he has consulted with hundreds of businesses and prepared thousands of Canadian personal and corporate tax returns.
Canadian Tax Academy is a unique and innovative learning enterprise dedicated to passing his knowledge and experience to students, new practitioners and others interested in private practice and accounting and bookkeeping businesses through web-based tutorials and courses.
He delivers comprehensive and practical courses and training in the areas of Canadian personal and corporate tax.