Corporate T2 Preparation for Small Business Clients - Webinar
Are you thinking of a career move into public practice? Or, are you thinking of supplementing your income by taking on a few bookkeeping or corporate tax clients? In this course, we dig into the T2 corporate tax return preparation process for small owner-managed businesses.
The course will be developed and delivered with the following approach:
- A close look at the main challenges faced by practitioners when dealing with owner-managers in the realm of bookkeeping and corporate record keeping.
- Examining the T2 corporate return and related schedules as they apply to reporting requirements for small business clients . This will be done by looking at actual files and examining the progression from receiving client accounting records to financial statement preparation and finally to the T2 return.
- Critical considerations and discussions to have with clients regarding compensation methods and dealing with recent TOSI developments and its effect on small business family tax planning.
- Building a practical understanding of the difference between active business income and investment income inside a corporation, including an in-depth case example to help solidify these concepts.
- An overview of the recent developments in CRA’s assessing policies and areas of review and audit affecting small business clients. We will also discuss best practices on how to address these issues with our clients and how it affects our workflow.
Once you complete this course, you should be comfortable with the T2 tax return process, including the most common forms and schedules, for small owner-managed clients.
3.5 CPD hours
5 (1)Register Now
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.
Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else,
feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at
416-488-9590 x 225.
Please note: For best audio quality, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
About the Instructor(s)
Ian has been in involved in accounting & public practice for over 20 years, where he has consulted with hundreds of businesses and prepared thousands of Canadian personal and corporate tax returns.
Canadian Tax Academy is a unique and innovative learning enterprise dedicated to passing his knowledge and experience to students, new practitioners and others interested in private practice and accounting and bookkeeping businesses through web-based tutorials and courses.
He delivers comprehensive and practical courses and training in the areas of Canadian personal and corporate tax.