Corporate T2 Practice: Best Practice Tips & Traps - Webinar
The corporate tax world is a constantly changing landscape that is shaped by the political environment of the day and the CRA’s initiatives, assessing policies and vast collection powers. This course is structured to help you navigate this increasingly complex world and provide you with the tools to help you run a successful, efficient and less stressful corporate tax practice.
Throughout this course, we will look at the following areas:
- A close look at CRA’s current collection powers and initiatives that have immediate implications on our tax planning. These can drastically affect not only our corporate owner-managers, but also family members who may find themselves inadvertently caught in the CRA’s web.
- Determining risk on a client file – A useful approach that you should apply to every new (or existing) client that is looking to hire you as an accountant. Should you take them on as a client? This method and critique of client’s financial and tax position can provide you with advance knowledge and advanced knowledge as to what to expect so that you are not caught off guard and can plan the client’s file work accordingly.
- CRA’s views and guidance on typical areas and deductions that relate to small business clients including home office deductions, vehicle deductions and employee benefits.
- A detailed look at matters related to shareholder loans and benefits including various pitfalls and traps to avoid and methodologies on dealing with shareholder transactions which are a critical area in our accounting and advisory functions to owner-managed clients.
- How much should you charge? Different methodologies and considerations on pricing your corporate services including bookkeeping, year-end files and other service to ensure your practice is profitable.
- A look at recent practitioner workshops and related poll results dealing with various tax filing positions and practice approaches. Tap into this knowledge to help guide you in your practice and determine the areas to focus your attention and resources
Once you have completed this course, you will have a thorough understanding of the current corporate tax environment and what you can expect to deal with in a corporate tax practice focusing on small businesses.
4 Feb 2020, 1:30 PM
3.5 CPD hours
5 (2)Register Now
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
About the Instructor(s)
Ian has been in involved in accounting & public practice for over 20 years, where he has consulted with hundreds of businesses and prepared thousands of Canadian personal and corporate tax returns.
Canadian Tax Academy is a unique and innovative learning enterprise dedicated to passing his knowledge and experience to students, new practitioners and others interested in private practice and accounting and bookkeeping businesses through web-based tutorials and courses.
He delivers comprehensive and practical courses and training in the areas of Canadian personal and corporate tax.