Economic Outlook; and Recent Tax Planning for Technology Based Corporations - Webinar
This live webinar will start at 7:00 p.m. on March 3, 2020. The cost of this webinar $59 (+ tax) and you will earn 2.0 PD hours for registering.
Please click the above link for more information on the topic descriptions and how to register.
3 Mar 2020, 7:00 PM
2 CPD hours
The following topics will be covered during this webinar:
1. Economic Outlook - Canadian and Global Perspectives
Speaker: Katherine Judge, Economist at CIBC Capital Markets
2. Recent Tax Planning for Technology Based Corporations
- Introduction of subsection 246(5.11) and its consequence to tech companies;
- The impact from Alberta court rulings for interest expense deductibility and how this can impact loans and borrowings that tech companies undertake and potential tax planning on future loss utilization; and
- Managing tax credits and cash flow for owner managed businesses.
Speaker: Balaji Katlai, PhD, CPA, CGA
Within 24 hours of the webinar, we will forward you an e-mail with instructions for accessing the live webinar.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
Please note: For best audio quality, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
About the Instructor(s)
Katherine Judge joined
CIBC as an Economist in 2018. She forecasts and provides insightful commentary
of North American economic data and contributes to research on a wide range of
topics that impact financial markets. She is often cited in the media for her
Prior to joining CIBC, Katherine worked in a similar role at another major Canadian bank and was responsible for forecasting and producing thematic research on US regional economies and topics related to the Canadian economy.
Katherine holds a Master’s degree in Economics from Queen's University.