Estate Planning for Canadians with Overview of the Rules and Numerous Tax Savings Opportunities; and Recent Tax Planning for Technology Based Corporations
There will be two topics covered during this event and in addition to hearing great speakers and topics, you will earn 3.0 PD hours. Please click the above link to see the more information about the event.
12 May 2020, 5:30 PM
3 CPD hours
The following topics will be covered during this event:
1. Estate Planning for Canadians with Overview of the Rules and Numerous Tax Savings Opportunities
Speaker: Joe Yukich, CPA, CA of Joseph M Yukich Professional Corporation
2. Recent Tax Planning for Technology Based Corporations
- Introduction of subsection 246(5.11) and its consequence to tech companies;
- The impact from Alberta court rulings for interest expense deductibility and how this can impact loans and borrowings that tech companies undertake and potential tax planning on future loss utilization; and
- Managing tax credits and cash flow for owner managed businesses.
Speaker: Balaji Katlai, PhD, CPA, CGA
This event will be held at the Donalda Club. The structure of the event is as follows:
- Reception (cash bar) – 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner – 6:00 p.m.
- Presentation(s) – 7:00 p.m. until 8:30/9:00 p.m., depending upon the speakers, topics and audience questions.
The cost of the seminar and dinner is $85 (+tax), which you can pay by any credit card. You will earn 3.0 hours of PD credits when you attend a session. We are pleased to offer an easy, inexpensive and enjoyable way to meet your PD requirements.
If you can't make the event, your registration fee entitles you to unlimited access to the event webinar that will be posted shortly after the event and, of course, the PD certificate from listening to the webinar. If you prefer a refund, please ensure that you give us at least 48 hours notice.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
About the Instructor(s)
Joe Yukich, CPA, CA is a former tax partner at one of the Big Four national accounting firms and now serves owner-manager clients directly and through other accounting firms. He has spoken extensively on tax matters to numerous groups and has been servicing private corporations and their shareholders for over thirty years.