Bridging the Generational Gap
In this live and interactive webinar, designed specifically for accounting and finance professionals, we will explore the perceptions of the generational differences between:
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Z and the newly termed,
- Generation Alpha
We will use current research to identify potential areas of misconceptions between generations and implement tools to increase understanding and communication across our diverse generational team members. The tools discussed can improve creative problem solving, conflict management and motivation within a generationally diverse team or organization.
21 Apr 2020, 11:00 AM
2 CPD hours
5 (3)Register Now
Who should attend:
Professionals who are looking to improve their communication within a generationally diverse team or organization.
- Defining the different generational categories within the workplace
- Understanding the major events and influences for each generation
- Understanding common misperceptions among each generation
- Using current research models to identify the root causes of conflicts within a generationally diverse team or organization.
- Applying specific tools to increase our understanding and communication across our diverse generational team members
Sheriff Consulting – An engaging approach to professional development
About the Instructor(s)
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, CGMA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com) and Sheriff Consulting Online (online.sheriffconsulting.com).
We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and communication skill professional development courses. The mission of Sheriff Consulting is to provide an engaging approach to your professional development.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
1. Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
2. Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
3. Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 20 years. He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).