Coping with COVID-19: Finding the Upside of Challenging Circumstances
A live and interactive webinar; be prepared to participate as we survey the benefits of adversity (better than anything money can buy!) Tools and techniques to harness happiness and harmony in spite of external situations (especially now!). Recognizing the importance of a positive outlook and an attitude of appreciation in challenging circumstances. Basic principles to support and maintain your wellness in the weeks ahead; a balanced perspective on optimizing the health of your mind and body. This presentation will inspire and motivate you to create a life of genuine happiness every day without reference to transient things and events.
4 May 2020, 4:00 PM
2 CPD hours
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
Please note: For best audio quality, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
About the Instructor(s)
- Certified Trainer of Marci Shimoff’s “Happy for No Reason®” program. Using the simple wisdom of “Happy for No Reason” and mining the experiences of adversity of my own life I have achieved new levels of success in seeing the good in the worst of times. My own practice of gratitude and the recent adoption of formal happiness habits has improved not only my own happiness levels but also those of my family and friends.
- B.A.Sc. Bachelor of Applied Science (Industrial Engineering with emphasis on Systems and Process Optimization)
- A member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) and Ontario (CPAO).
- Owner/Manager for 30 years of a Public Accounting Practice focused on personal income tax and small business accounting. My business vision was to support individuals of low and medium income levels to access optimum benefits in compliance with Canadian tax legislation. The implementation of electronic filing allowed me to provide lower cost services to lower income individuals and families. I have worked with a diverse client base and I am very grateful for the wisdom I have acquired through an abundance of mutually supportive relationships.
- Overseas Consultant for 3 years; most of this time was spent working with a project dedicated to supporting women in a rural community characterized by poverty and courage.
- Certified Yoga Instructor; I have practiced yoga for over 40 years and recently have adopted a twice daily practice of meditation which provides a deep inner silence when the world is loudest.
- Part-time Community College Instructor for 3 years teaching audit, accounting and taxation.