Preparing T1134 information returns - Tips and Traps
The course offers an overview of completing T1134 - Information Return Relating To Controlled and Not-Controlled Foreign Affiliates (T1134). The course will discuss the possible traps and how to identify tax issues with completing T1134. The course provides a practical perspective on filing T1134 forms and what are some of the red flags that can raise a CRA audit. The course also includes walk through of T1134 summary and slip.
12 Jun 2020, 9:00 AM
2 CPD hours
- Overview of Form T1134 filings requirements and obligations
- Completing T1134 summary form – Section I, II & III
- Completing T1134 slips – all parts and sections
- How to identify tax issues and exposures when preparing/reviewing T1134
- Transactions with Foreign affiliates
- Upstream loan tax implications and Foreign affiliate dumping
- Dividend and Surplus pools
- Foreign accrual property income (FAPI)
- Identify CRA audit red flags when preparing T1134
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This course is designed for tax professionals who would like an overview of Canada’s international tax reporting, compliance and filing of T1134. The course will benefit people who advise corporations with foreign subsidiaries; provide services to the cross-border client; work at a Canadian or foreign multinational company as a tax manager or director.
About the Instructor(s)
Affan Khalid, CPA, CA is a Senior Manager in International Tax at MNP LLP. He has over 15 years of experience and provides international tax advice to Canadian and foreign-based multi-nationals with a focus on inbound and outbound tax planning and structuring, including financing structures, acquisitions and dispositions, tax due diligence, reorganizations and cash repatriation strategies. He obtained his BBA from the University of Toronto and have completed In-depth International course and In-depth tax program.