The ABC's of Client Business Succession Planning & Tales from the Trenches: Real Life Experiences in Estate Planning
The following topics will be covered during this webinar:
1. The ABC's of Client Business Succession Planning
Speaker: Peter J. Merrick, FMA, CFP, TEP, FCSI of TheIceSolution.com
2. Tales from the Trenches: Real Life Experiences in Estate Planning
Speaker: Howard Simmons, LL.B., LL.M. of Simmons da Silva LLP
27 Feb 2018, 7:00 PM
2 CPD hours
4.25 (4)Register Now
Tales from the Trenches: Real Life Experiences in Estate Planning
Howard Simmons will discuss the following:
- What happens when an elderly couple marry?
- What about a child who has the power of attorney of a parent and is taking funds for himself?
- What happens when a parent is in the hospital. One child wants to “pull the plug” and the other doesn’t.
- What about the loving child who is on drugs but the parents hope he will recover?
- Mother has put $2,000,000 house into her son and her name as joint tenants. This was her major asset. When mother dies, does the son own the house or should it be divided among the other three children?
The cost of the webinar is $59 (+tax), which you can pay by any credit card. You will earn two hours of PD credits when you register. We are pleased to offer an easy, inexpensive and enjoyable way to meet your PD requirements.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, or anything else, feel free to contact Melanie Russell, CPA, CA, CBV, CIM, CFE, CFF, ABV at 416-488-9590 x 225.
About the Instructor(s)
Peter J. Merrick is an income and capital enhancement consultant, speaker and author. Since the early 1990s, Peter's career in business succession consulting and post-secondary financial education has been unparalleled in terms of depth and experience. He is considered one of the leading experts in succession planning, risk management, estate and trusts, US-Canada cross-border planning, and executive benefits and pensions across North America. Peter is a sought after keynote speaker with expertise in project management for business succession. He is also one of the foremost experts in tax minimization planning solutions for some of North America's largest public and privately held businesses, property owners, financial institutions, and accounting and legal firms.
Howard practices wills and estates and business law at Simmons, da Silva LLP. He writes regularly for Estates Trust and Pensions Journal. He is the former chair of the Business Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association and is a member of STEP and has written several articles in the STEP Journal.