Professional Ethics with Case Studies
In this webinar, we will examine specific areas of the CPA code of professional conduct (“code”) and use case studies to highlight key learning objectives. This presentation will also introduce a critical thinking methodology that will be applied to an ethical decision-making framework. Finally, we will explore current events relevant to the professional to understand how to apply lessons learned to deepen our ethical decision-making framework.
20 Nov 2020, 1:30 PM
2 CPD hours
4.67 (3)Register Now
The learning objectives include:
- Understanding how we make decisions using tools such as the Heinz dilemma
- Understanding how our organizational culture affects our decision-making process
- Applying a critical thinking methodology that will be applied to a relevant case study
The topic will also explore current events relevant to the professional to understand how to apply lessons learned to deepen our ethical decision-making framework.
About the Instructor(s)
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, CGMA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com) and Sheriff Consulting Online (online.sheriffconsulting.com).
We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and communication skill professional development courses. The mission of Sheriff Consulting is to provide an engaging approach to your professional development.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
1. Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
2. Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
3. Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 20 years. He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).