Independence and Ethics
- Review key independence requirements in Code of Professional Conduct
- Examples of common independence issues (Case Studies)
- Assessing and documenting independence in assurance engagements
- Assessing client integrity and ethics
11 May 2021, 12:00 PM
1.5 CPD hours
About the Instructor(s)
Marcus Guenther is a partner in FocusHGK LLP, which provides quality assurance, monitoring, EQCR and other consulting services.
Marcus an accomplished trainer in accounting and auditing, author and consultant. In particular he:
- assists many accounting firms in monitoring their quality control systems,
- authors and presents training courses on accounting and auditing topics, and
- assists with interpreting and applying professional standards on complex accounting and auditing issues.
Marcus has prepared and presented many accounting and assurance courses for CPA Canada, CPA Ontario, commercial training firms and individual firms over the years.
He was the co-author of the CPA Professional Engagement Guide (PEG) and the Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) and has authored other technical publications.